There are significant benefits to taking part in FIDO Alliance as a member, whether your company is a vendor looking to bring FIDO-based solutions to market, or if your organization is a service provider seeking to understand the most effective ways to deploy FIDO Authentication to your customers and/or employees. Benefits vary according to membership level, but core value propositions include:
- Access and influence on FIDO’s specifications: By taking part in FIDO’s technical working groups, members have the ability to shape and have early visibility into FIDO’s technical output – which can help accelerate product and service development.
- Establish best practices for deployment of FIDO Authentication: FIDO’s Deployment Working Groups are tasked with addressing common challenges facing enterprises and relying parties that are bringing FIDO Authentication to 3.5B + end users around the world. Taking part in these working groups will enable your team to get peer-based feedback to aid with your own implementations, while also creating an opportunity to have your company’s vision reflected in deployment guidelines and recommendations.
- Take part in global policy and market development activities: FIDO is actively working to educate and engage the global marketplace on the benefits of FIDO Authentication, including the opportunity for FIDO Certified vendors to take part in leading events at discounted rates as well as targeted FIDO seminars that reach early adopters around the world. Additionally, FIDO’s regional working groups in Europe, Japan, Korea, China, and India are driving government, policy and industry engagement at the local level — helping influence both the way that FIDO’s outputs are shaped, as well as impacting change in regional regulatory policies (such as PSD2 in Europe).
- Discount on FIDO Certification: Enterprises around the world are requiring FIDO Certified solutions as part of their RFPs. FIDO members receive a discount for certification testing and trademark usage.
- Member Sponsorship and Co-Marketing Opportunities: Take advantage of member-only co-marketing opportunities: As the world continues to move to FIDO standards for user authentication, the Alliance is dedicated to fostering and promoting a vibrant, global ecosystem by providing a variety of supportive marketing programs for its members.
* Associate dues are $2,750 for organizations with 100 or fewer employees and $16,500 for organizations with 101 or more employees.
* Annual dues as of January 2023. Fee structure subject to change without prior written notice at the discretion of the FIDO Alliance.
More information on membership benefits and fees per level are detailed in the matrix below; you can also contact us to discuss further.
Membership Benefits and Dues by Level
Board membership is open by application to current Sponsor level members who have been actively participating in FIDO Working Groups for a minimum of six months.
|Eligible to serve as a Working Group Chair
|Eligible to serve as a Working Group Vice Chair, Scribe or Editor
|May propose the chartering of a new Working Group
|May vote on the chartering of Working Groups
|Sets the strategic direction of the Alliance
|May participate in any Working Group
|May vote in any Working Group
|May participate & vote in Board meetings
|May attend & participate in any Plenary meetings
|May participate in FIDO-sponsored events
|Eligible to serve as a Liaison Officer
|May contribute to specification requirements
|May contribute to specification development
|Eligible to be an Invited Participant in a Working Group by its Chair
|Eligible for Certification Discounts
|May use the “FIDO Alliance Member” trademark
|Eligible to receive FIDO Executive quotes in your press release (subject to approval)
|Eligible to be featured with a quote in FIDO announcements (subject to approval)
|Priority eligibility to participate in FIDO Alliance marketing activities
|Shall benefit from the royalty-free license IPR policy on Proposed Standard Specifications after 1/1/2020
|Shall benefit from the non-assert IPR policy on Proposed Standard Specifications before 1/1/2020
|May benefit from the royalty-free license IPR policy on Draft Specifications if part of the Technical Working Group
|Shall have logo featured on FIDO Alliance website
|Shall have logo featured in FIDO Alliance presentation materials and named in press releases
The FIDO Alliance welcomes all organizations interested in helping to create a more secure online ecosystem for users and businesses. Membership allows your organization to participate in the definition of a standard protocol for secure authentication. By participating in developing the technical standard, and in planning and executing the Alliance’s marketing, certification and deployment programs, your organization will gain a thorough understanding of how authentication is evolving to ensure a secure internet for the future.
To join the FIDO Alliance, please follow the membership application steps below:
Step One: Read, Complete, and Sign Documents
- Read, complete page 37, and complete and sign page 38 of the FIDO Alliance Membership Agreement
The FIDO Alliance Membership Agreement is available in Chinese and in Japanese for reading/reference purposes only.
- Read the FIDO Alliance Bylaws
The FIDO Alliance Bylaws are available in Japanese for reading/reference purposes only.
- Read the FIDO Alliance IPR Summary, New Patent Policy FAQ, and FIDO Alliance Legacy IPR Summary.
- Read the FIDO Alliance Code of Conduct.
Step Two: Submit Documents to FIDO Alliance
- Send all of the following to FIDO Alliance at email@example.com:
- All 43 pages of the completed and signed FIDO Alliance Membership Agreement
- Two (2) copies of your company logo – one web-ready version (.PNG or .JPG, 72 dpi) and one print-ready version (.EPS, .AI or .PDF, 300 dpi)
Step Three: FIDO Alliance Receipt of Membership Application
A representative from FIDO Alliance will contact you regarding your membership application and notify you of any further instructions.
Step Four: Membership Application Approval
Upon approval of your membership application, a representative from FIDO Alliance will notify you that your membership application is approved. You will receive a countersigned FIDO Alliance Membership Agreement and other information regarding your membership benefits.
An invoice will be issued to the billing contact you provided in the agreement for annual membership fees with payment instructions (prorated for the first year based on the time of joining).
Questions? Please click here to contact us with questions about joining the FIDO Alliance.