The Benefits of FIDO Alliance Membership
There are significant benefits to member organizations, based on whether they are looking to certify customers or transactions, or producing software and hardware to enhance strong authentication. Benefits from participation in the Alliance’s activities that members will experience include:
- Stronger account/transaction security – This results in lower loss rates and fewer problems to mitigate, and will bring the possibility of improved customer loyalty and less churn. Improved authentication will also reduce risk and enable new business models and revenue streams.
- Improved user experience – The FIDO solution enables businesses to improve convenience for both customers and employees. As users no longer need to remember complex passwords, user provisioning is therefore simplified and the cost associated with remote password resets will be drastically reduced.
- Improved return of investment in authentication – The costs associated with the deployment and support of new solutions will be significantly reduced in comparison to current proprietary approaches which connect a single device type to a single application. System management functionality will be provided by the FIDO infrastructure, rather than having to be built by each application developer. Less testing will be required, as all devices just need to plug into the FIDO interface, and the time to introduce new technologies is significantly reduced.
- Reduced risk of fraud – Users of all FIDO-enabled websites and cloud or mobile applications will enjoy a reduced risk of identity fraud, with the convenience of not having to remember—and worry about—passwords. Trust in online systems will grow again as a result of consistent user experiences and higher security.
If you are interested in further discussion on joining the FIDO Alliance please contact us.
The degree of your participation will depend on your membership level. Membership levels may be upgraded from Associate to Sponsor at any time during your FIDO membership.
Membership Benefits & Dues by Level
* Dues as of January 2015. Fee structure subject to change without prior written notice at the discretion of the FIDO Alliance.
^ Associate dues are $1000 for organizations with 100 or fewer employees and $15,000 for organizations with 101 or more employees.
**The membership fee for all Government members in the 2015 calendar year is $0.
May participate in any Working GroupMay attend any FIDO-All/Interim Working Group meetingsParticipate in FIDO sponsor eventsMay act as FIDO Alliance liaison to external organizationMay participate in interoperability eventsParticipate in all Working Group votesContribute to specification development
Eligible for leadership position in Working GroupMay sponsor the formation of a Working Group
Use “FIDO Alliance Member” logo on your website and/or collateralFeature FIDO Executive quotes in your press release (upon request and approval)Quote inclusion in FIDO press releases