STRONGER AUTHENTICATION BASED ON OPEN AND SCALABLE STANDARDS.
Enterprises continue to evolve service delivery and business processes to online, cloud and mobile services, but
are constantly trading off fast and easy access with robust authentication security.
Security based on FIDO Specifications turns that around and makes online security a simpler and better user experience
while providing stronger security and reducing risks for the enterprise.
|Employee, Contractor, Partner & Supplier Credentials||
Payment, Signatures & Transactions
|Remote or External Access for Desktop & Mobile||Customer Access to Online & Mobile Services|
SIMPLER USER EXPERIENCE
Reduces reliance on complex passwords
Single gesture to log on
Works with same devices people use every day
Use the same authentication with different services
Fast and convenient
- Based on public key cryptography
- Keys stay on device
- No server-side shared secrets to steal
- Protects against phishing, man-in-the-middle and replay attacks
- Biometrics, if used, never leave device
- No link-ability between services or accounts
- No 3rd party in the protocol
- Lower development and maintenance costs
- Faster time to market
- Little or no provisioning costs
- Lower breach risks and potential damages
- Broad choice of authenticators for users
- Lowers password reset costs
- Increases future-proofing
|FIDO Certified Products Showcase||Webinar: Value of FIDO Membership||Deploy FIDO Solutions|
- FIDO Alliance White Paper: Enterprise Adoption Best Practices – Managing FIDO Credential Lifecycle for Enterprises : This white paper provides guidance to IT and Security professionals on how manage FIDO authentication credentials throughout their full lifecycle.
- FIDO Alliance White Paper: Enterprise Adoption Best Practices – Integrating FIDO & Federation Protocols: This white paper outlines how the FIDO standards compliment federation protocols. It also provides guidelines on how to integrate the two in order to add support for FIDO-based MFA and replace or supplement traditional authentication methods in federation environments.
- Case Study: Google’s two-year study of its deployment with security keys showed FIDO-based authentication is faster, has zero authentication failures, reduces hardware and support costs over OTP tokens, and provides all of the necessary privacy and security protections from phishing and man-in-the-middle attacks
- Video: Learn how Google uses FIDO to make two-step authentication easy
- Video: FIDO U2F – Universal Second Factor
- Video: GitHub Supports Universal 2nd-Factor Authentication