The report, sponsored by FIDO Alliance, analyzes the state of customer and enterprise (employee) authentication amongst U.S. businesses. It examines how strong authentication is evolving, and offers a detailed breakdown on the factors influencing industries’ adoption of authentication solutions.
2016 was a banner year for fraudsters as the overall fraud incidence rose 16% to affect 6.15% of U.S. consumers, the highest on record, according to Javelin. Yet in most cases, the study found the only thing standing between company IP and hackers is a password. What can be done to offer stronger security and reverse this trend?
This timely, 32-page report, based on new primary research, looks broadly at the evolving authentication landscape to answer these questions :
- What is the strength of available authentication for customers and enterprise users?
- What is “high assurance” strong authentication, and why is not susceptible to phishing, man-in-the-middle and/or other attacks targeting credentials?
- What customer authentication solutions are used, by channel?
- How can organizations use built-in capabilities in consumer devices that enable high-assurance strong authentication?
- How much are companies spending on authentication?
- What are the most important attributes when considering new authentication systems?
- What is the penetration of strong authentication by industry and application?
- What factors are driving change in authentication today?
- What actions should businesses take now to enhance their authentication security?
Sound interesting? Here are different ways you can learn more about the findings of this extensive study.
Download the “The State of Authentication Report”