The EU Digital Identity (EUDI) Wallet, which is a core component of the emerging eIDAS2 regulation, is an area where the FIDO Alliance can provide support through its standards and credentials on authentication. The FIDO Alliance European Working Group and its EUDI Wallet subgroup have been actively supporting the EUDI Wallet initiative since 2021. This FIDO Alliance webinar will describe the FIDO EUDI Wallet subgroup and the potential technical solutions where FIDO may be used as an authentication standard for the EUDI Wallet.
The presentation covered the following FIDO use cases for the EUDI Wallet:
- Enrollment of Person Identification Data to the EUDI Wallet with FIDO based eIDs
- Issuance of (Qualified) Electronic Attested Attributes with FIDO based eIDs
- The ISO 18013-5 mobile driving license
- PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication
- Access to remote QSCDs via the Cloud Signature Consortium API
- Access to cloud wallets, such as the Findy Agency web wallet
Rayissa Armata, senior head of regulatory affairs, IDnow
Sebastian Elfors, senior architect, IDnow
Megan Shamas, senior director of marketing, FIDO Alliance
Security Intelligence: CISA, NSA Issue New IAM Best Practice Guidelines
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the National...May 24, 2023
TechRadar.pro: Bitwarden now lets you create passkeys for your business apps
Bitwarden – in our view the best free password manager around – has...May 19, 2023
Biometric Update: Consumers ready for passwordless technology and prefer biometrics; FIDO Alliance report
FIDO Alliance has published a report examining how the behavior, patterns and adoption...
The Verge: 1Password is finally rolling out passkey management
1Password customers are finally gaining partial access to the passwordless...