FIDO® Trademark and Service Mark Usage Agreement for Manufacturers Implementing FIDO Certified Level 1 Authenticators
Purpose: This Trademark Usage Agreement allows the licensee to display the FIDO Certified logo on products that bundle one or more FIDO Level 1 Certified Authenticators. The product itself does not have to go through certification, it just has to bundle a Level 1 Certified Authenticator. To display a certification logo for levels other than 1, the end product must go through certification. Bundling is not sufficient.
Your use of a FIDO® trademark or service mark (collectively the “FIDO Trademarks”) for your product indicates that you consent to and are complying with the following terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions
1. The FIDO Trademarks
The FIDO Trademarks covered by this Agreement are provided at Exhibit A of the FIDO Alliance Specification Trademark License. The FIDO Trademarks may be changed at any time by FIDO.
2. Indication of the owner of the FIDO Trademarks
The owner of the FIDO Trademarks must be clearly identified as the “FIDO Alliance, Inc.” in a tag line. For example: “FIDO® is a trademark (registered in numerous countries) of FIDO Alliance, Inc.”
3. Acceptable uses of the FIDO Trademarks
FIDO Trademarks may only be used under the terms of this agreement to:
- Fairly and accurately describe that your product:
- includes an authenticator that has been certified as being FIDO compliant according to the FIDO Authenticator Certification Program Policy document and as indicated on the FIDO Alliance website at https://fidoalliance.org/certification
- does not include any modifications to the implementation that would violate the FIDO Authenticator Certification Level 1 (L1) Security Requirements as published on the FIDO Alliance Website.
- if the bundled certified authenticator must be downloaded in full or in part, the following rules apply:
- the download invitation must be part of the device setup user experience provided by the device manufacturer
- must be available as an OEM or Platform update from the licensee, OEM or Platform provider or part of an app from the licensee, OEM or Platform provider’s online store or SW update service, not a 3rd party
- must be available at no additional cost to the device purchaser after the purchase of the device
- is consistent with the Metadata statement as published by the certified authenticator
- abides by the rules and regulations of the manufacturer or platform for embedding these APIs into their devices.
- The FIDO Trademarks may not be used under this Agreement to indicate any kind of endorsement by FIDO Alliance, Inc., official status with respect to FIDO Alliance, or any kind of relationship with FIDO Alliance aside from a representation that the above requirements have been met.
- FIDO Alliance, Inc. will audit the use of the FIDO Trademarks to determine compliance with these terms and conditions.
- FIDO shall have no liability for any intellectual property infringement claim based on your products or services or your use of the FIDO Trademarks. FIDO MAKES NO WARRANTIES EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE FIDO TRADEMARKS, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF NONINFRINGEMENT, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL FIDO ALLIANCE, INC. OR ANY DIRECTORS, OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO USE OF FIDO TRADEMARKS, INCLUDING ECONOMIC DAMAGES AND LOST PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER FIDO SHALL BE ADVISED, SHALL HAVE OTHER REASON TO KNOW, OR IN FACT SHALL KNOW OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE FOREGOING.
- No right to create modifications or derivatives of FIDO Trademarks is granted herein.
- FIDO Trademarks are to be used only in compliance with the guidelines published in Exhibit B of the FIDO Alliance Specification Trademark License. Exhibits A and B may be reasonably amended by FIDO from time to time with reasonable notice.
Questions about these terms and conditions should be sent to [email protected].