We post relevant papers and presentations here that may be of help to the industry at large. You may also want to view our TechNotes, which are technical blog posts covering a variety of topics related to FIDO Authentication.
FIDO White Papers & Public Documents
- FIDO & PSD2: Meeting the needs for Strong Consumer Authentication (Septemmber 2017): This white paper outlines how the FIDO standards can facilitate the implementation of the new disruptive PSD2 regulation with user-friendly secure solutions.
- FIDO Alliance Letter Regarding Payment Services Directive 2 (August 2017): FIDO Alliance’s letter to European Commission and European Parliament on whether screen scraping should be allowed as a fallback option under PSD2
- FIDO Alliance White Paper: Leveraging FIDO Standards to Extend the PKI Security Model in United States Government Agencies (March 2017)
- Response to the European Banking Authority (EBA) Discussion Paper on Future Draft Regulatory Technical Standards on Strong Customer Authentication and Secure Communication Under the Revised Payment Services Directive (PSD2) (Feb 2016)
- FIDO Alliance White Paper: FIDO UAF Metadata Service (Feb 2016)
- FIDO Alliance White Paper: FIDO & Privacy (Jan 2016)
- FIDO Alliance White Paper: Bluetooth & NFC Transport for FIDO U2F (July 2015)
- The FIDO Alliance Whitepaper on Privacy Principles: This paper explores how privacy principles are a core part of the FIDO Alliance’s technologies and how they reinforce FIDO’s approach to strong authentication (Feb 2014)
- The FIDO Alliance Whitepaper on FIDO 1.0 Final Specifications: This whitepaper explores the background of FIDO authentication: the needs, benefits and early deployments (Dec 2014).
Industry White Papers & Presentations
- No passwords needed: The iterative design of a parent-child authentication mechanism – Kalpana Hundlani, Carleton University; Sonia Carleton University; Larry Hamid, Bluink Ltd: http://service.scs.carleton.ca/sites/default/files/tr/2017_TR-17-01-kindersurf_hundlani_chiasson_hamid.pdf
- The Paypers Web Fraud Prevention and Online Authentication Market Guide 2016/2017: http://www.thepaypers.com/reports/web-fraud-prevention-and-online-authentication-market-guide-2016-2017/r766692
- The Case for Replacing Passwords with Biometrics – M Jakobsson, S Taveau: http://www.mostconf.org/2012/papers/3.pdf
- “The Evolution of Authentication” — Rolf Lindemann
- Cloud Identity Summit 2013 “A Question of Scale: Mapping Authentication to the Modern Computing Ecosystem – Rajiv Dholakia
- RSA Europe 2013 “Scalable Authentication”
- ISSE 2013 “The Evolution of Authentication”
Paper published in “ISSE 2013 Securing Electronic Business Processes”, Springer Vieweg, ISBN 978-3-658-03370-5
- Open Identity Summit “Not Built on Sand – How Modern Authentication Complements Federation”
- TrustZone and FIDO: Protecting your privacy and identity – Rob Coombs
- Presentation: Biometric Authentication from NTT DOCOMO
Biometric Authentication from NTT DOCOMO