The FIDO Alliance invites anyone in the greater Washington, D.C. area next week to meet with us in person and find out the latest and greatest information about the FIDO standards and who is using them. This all-day event will be especially valuable to prospective members and companies or government agencies looking to use FIDO specifications to simplify strong authentication. Our free seminar will be held October 5 in Washington, DC. From 8:30am to 6:00pm at Google’s Washington Office downtown (details below).
The seminar will have experts speaking on FIDO’s approach to privacy and security – particularly what the FIDO Alliance is doing to improve the authentication process by reducing dependence on passwords. We’ll cover the topics from both business and technical angles. It’s an excellent opportunity to find out how the private sector is responding to the authentication challenges raised by recent data breaches, arguably the most important discipline across cybersecurity in need of innovation.
For those of you representing government agencies, I would draw your attention to our panel discussion on why FIDO Alliance is important for the successful implementation of eGov services, and healthcare.
There is a link below to the full agenda but here are some highlights:
- FIDO’s Universal Authentication Framework (UAF) protocol, which addresses the “password-less” experience and deployment issues for engineers
- FIDO’s Universal Second Factor (U2F) protocol, which addresses easing the second factor experience and deployment issues for engineers
- FIDO’s Compliance Program
- Case studies of FIDO v1.0 deployment by Yubico for U2F and by NTT DOCOMO for UAF
- Demonstrations of FIDO Certified projects by member companies
There is no charge for the seminar and a complimentary lunch will be provided. Registration is required. See details below.
FIDO Alliance Seminar