- 일정(이벤트)이 종료되었습니다.
Webinar: NIST 800-63 Guidance & FIDO Authentication
9월 20, 2017 @ 3:00 오후 – 4:00 오후 EDT
Earlier this summer NIST issued updated identity guidelines through the publication of NIST Special Publication 800-63 Revision 3. This update covers guidelines on digital identity management, identity proofing and authentication of users working with government IT systems over open networks – and serves as de facto guidance far beyond government and into many industries that are depending on secure user authentication.
Part of the guidelines issued suggestions that companies ask users to create long password phrases rather than the prior approach of using a mix of letters and characters and changing the password frequently – but a more critical part of the document is that NIST is recommending higher-assurance authentication, including the use of multi-factor authentication with public key cryptography, where private keys are tightly bound to the device. This, of course, is the core of the FIDO approach which has been implemented in over 300 FIDO certified products worldwide that are powering authentication solutions from top service providers such as Google, Facebook, Aetna and more.
Join this webinar to learn from the experts about the NIST guidelines and their relationship to FIDO Authentication.
- Introduction/Updates on FIDO Alliance
- Overview of NIST 800-63-3 (Paul Grassi, NIST)
- Exceeding NIST Guidance with FIDO Authentication
- Jeremy Grant, Managing Director, Technology Business Strategy, Venable LLP
- Brett McDowell, Executive Director, FIDO Alliance
- Paul Grassi, Senior Standards and Technology Advisor, National Institute of Standards and Technology
Media from this Event