- This event has passed.
Webinar: Securing IoT with FIDO Authentication
March 17 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm EDT
IDC estimates that there will be 41.6 billion connected IoT devices by 2025, opening up opportunities for increased efficiencies and innovation across industries. Yet, lack of IoT security standards and typical processes such as shipping with default password credentials and manual onboarding leave devices, and the networks they operate on, open to large-scale attack.
Last summer, the FIDO Alliance announced a new standards initiative to tackle these security issues in IoT. The Alliance’s IoT Technical Working Group aims to provide a comprehensive authentication framework for IoT devices in keeping with the fundamental mission of the Alliance – passwordless authentication. Join this webinar to get an update on this new work area, including:
- How FIDO Authentication and existing specifications fit into the IoT ecosystem today
- The charter and goals of the IoT TWG, including development of specifications for IoT device attestation/authentication profiles to enable interoperability between service providers and IoT devices; automated onboarding, and binding of applications and/or users to IoT devices; and IoT device authentication and provisioning via smart routers and IoT hubs
- The progress of the working group to date, including the use case and target architectures the IoT TWG is looking at as a foundation for its specifications and certification program
Webinar speakers are:
- Giridhar Mandyam, senior director for technology, Qualcomm
- Dr. Rolf Lindemann, vice president, products, Nok Nok Labs
- Andrew Shikiar, executive director and CMO, FIDO Alliance