- This event has passed.
Webinar: Deployment Case Study: Login.gov & FIDO2
June 20 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm EDT
Login.gov is a service of the US General Administration that enables citizens secure and private authentication to multiple government agencies with one account. Currently, there are 16 million users of the service across 19 government agencies and 36 applications. In September 2018, login.gov began supporting FIDO2 as an option for multi-factor authentication. The security experts at login.gov were seeking to reduce the volume of users opting for SMS for multi-factor authentication by offering a more secure option. The security team used an iterative approach to deploy FIDO2 authentication and are continuously making improvements based on user feedback and platform needs. This webinar will tell the story of the login.gov implementation of FIDO2 and discuss their roadmap for future improvements.
Join this webinar to learn:
- What inspired the login.gov’s security team to deploy FIDO2
- The processes and tools used by the team
- What has been done to drive adoption among users
- The future roadmap for FIDO2 support and how they plan on driving adoption moving forward
- Steve Urciuoli, Consultant, Senior Cloud Architect, GSA
- Jonathan Hooper, Innovation Specialist/Software Developer, 18F
- Mike Magrath, Director, Global Regulations & Standards, OneSpan & Chair of FIDO Government Deployment Working Group
- Moderator: Andrew Shikiar, FIDO Alliance