- This event has passed.
Introducing FIDO’s IoT Specification: FIDO Device Onboard
5월 7, 2021 @ 11:00 오전
The FIDO Alliance announced today the launch of the FIDO Device Onboard (FDO) protocol, a new, open IoT standard that enables devices to simply and securely onboard to cloud and on-premise management platforms. Through this standard, the FIDO Alliance addresses challenges of security, cost and complexity tied to IoT device deployment at scale. FIDO Device Onboard furthers the fundamental vision of the Alliance, which has brought together 250+ of the most influential and innovative companies and government agencies from around the world to address cyber security in order to eliminate data breaches, and enable secure online experiences.
“The FIDO Device Onboard standard released today builds on the Alliance’s ongoing efforts to help close the security gaps that currently exist on the web, by expanding this work into IoT applications,” said Andrew Shikiar, executive director and CMO of the FIDO Alliance. “Businesses recognize the huge potential of the IoT and the enormous benefits it can bring to manufacturing, retail, healthcare, transportation, logistics and more. The paradigm needs to shift immediately so we can move IoT technologies ahead with safer, stronger and more secure means of authentication for these important uses in industrial and commercial environments.”
Join us for a webinar, hosted by the FIDO Alliance to learn more about FIDO’s IoT work including:
- Details on the FIDO Device Onboard protocol – including relevant use cases and applications and perspectives on overall fit within the IoT landscape
- Insights into how your organization can leverage the FDO spec into your own product and solution sets
- Information on related open source and certification programs, and on how your organization can give inputs on FDO’s evolution
Webinar speakers include:
- Giridhar Mandyam, Senior Director for Technology, Qualcomm
- Richard Kerslake, General Manager Industrial Controls and Robotics, IOT Business Unit, Intel
- Andrew Shikiar, Executive Director and Chief Marketing Officer, FIDO Alliance