- This event has passed.
Mobile India 2017
January 7 @ 9:00 am – 5:45 pm EST
The FIDO Alliance is proud to be a Session Partner of the Mobile India 2017 event. The event is focusing on innovations and disruptions through mobile.
Join us for Session 1: Online Authentication and Digital Identity
Traditional online authentication using username/password pairs have not been found to be adequate in countering cyber-attacks. Moreover they are cumbersome and not user friendly. As a result, there have been increased efforts to find alternatives to username/passwords that can ensure security for online transactions while not compromising the privacy on individuals. A distinguished panel representing many participants in the identity and authentication ecosystem will come together for this session to discuss:
- What are the key challenges in reliable authentication? How are they being met?
- What are competing solutions and standards for identification and authentication?
- What is the role of the online service provider/ PC, smartphone, tablet manufacturers/ semiconductor companies/ and application developers in secure authentication and privacy preservation?
- What are the policy issues with respect to identification and authentication? How do Indian policies and law address these?
- Session Keynote: Rajiv Dholakia,VP-Business Development, Nok Nok Labs
- Dr. Giridhar Mandyam, Chief Security Architect-IoT & Automotive, Qualcomm
- Dr. Vivek Raghavan, Chief Product Manager and Biometric Architect, Unique Identification Authority of India(UIDAI)
- Jaydeep Apte, Vice President, UNIKEN
- Gregory Dunn, VP Global Business Development, Feitian Technologies
- Dr. T.K. Srikanth (Moderator), Professor, IIIT-Bangalore