3月 8 @ 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm
NEXT-GEN SECURITY TECHNOLOGIES FOR HEALTHCARE AUTHENTICATION
Session ID: 261
Thursday, March 8
2:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Venetian Convention Center – Marcello 4401, Las Vegas
As personal healthcare data is increasingly accessible via web and mobile apps, account takeover attempts are increasing and often successful in traditional username and password environments. Learn how Aetna is utilizing next generation authentication standards, biometrics and behavioral authentication to significantly improve the security of healthcare data online, while creating a unified user experience for members, partners, and employees.
- Examine the problems created by weak, password-based authentication, and how these credentials can be stolen and re-used
- Analyze the changes taking place in identity management and the patient’s use of different devices and channels, and the problems this creates in managing the patient/provider/payer relationship
- Explain how new authentication standards from the FIDO Alliance and behavioral authentication techniques enable a provider to protect against myriad attacks while ensuring a simple user experience
- Define the key capabilities required in a next-generation identity management and authentication healthcare solution
- Demonstrate and explain the architecture and advantages of a next-generation authentication solution for managing and deepening payer/provider/patient relationships across more personal devices, including wearable fitness or medical devices, and across multiple channels
- Abbie Barbir, Senior Security Architect, Aetna
- Brett McDowell, Executive Director, FIDO Alliance
If you are interested in scheduling a short 1-on-1 briefing during HIMSS to learn how FIDO Authentication can fit into your IAM approach, please contact us today.